If only explorer Columbus knew that the brand new sailor hotel is named in the ‘Scheepvaartkwartier’ to his boat: Santa Maria. Because during the thorough renovation the owners found a tin miniature model of his boat from the debris. Hotel Santa Maria has been opened since the beginning of February 2012 and has already had a large number of seafarers staying in the hotel.
The building dates back to 1852. For many years Cohen workwear housed here.
Since 2012, the couple Hans van der Vall and Marjon Boers became the owners of Hotel Santa Maria.
Who comes from the ‘Vasteland’ to the ‘Scheepstimmermanslaan’, sees the hotel at the right side. The furnishing is a tasteful combination of modern furniture, flat screen televsions on the walls and traditional wood paneling who effortless passed the time. The maritime character is again confirmed by the large black and white photographs of the ‘SS Rotterdam’ and the ‘Erausmus bridge’. But also the traditional Dutch pictures of the windmills of the ‘Kinderdijk’ and multicolored fields of flowers decorate the walls.